McMillen, Inc. was founded in 1924 by
Mrs. Drury McMillen, a young married woman
from St. Louis who had moved to New York City.
She operated out of her townhouse at
148 East 55th Street, selling 18th century furniture
sent to her from Europe by William Odom, who was
then the head of the Paris Atelier of the
New York School of Fine and Applied Arts.